Youth Enrichment Leader - Part Time
Norman, OK US
We are currently looking to fill a part time Youth Enrichment Leader position with a company in Norman, OK.
Schedule: This is a part-time position, requiring approximately 14-17.5 hours per week, with after-school hours from 3:00pm-6:00pm, Monday-Friday. Additionally, there will be opportunities to work during Fall Break, Winter Break, Spring Break, and the Summer Leadership Camp programming in June and July.
Join us in shaping the future leaders of tomorrow by fostering creativity, innovation, and character development in our Empowering Imaginations Afterschool Program. Your dedication will contribute to the growth and success of our students and the community as a whole.
As a Youth Enrichment Leader, you will play a vital role in creating a transformative experience for students during our after-school program. You will lead and guide students through a variety of activities, workshops, and projects that encourage critical thinking, problem-solving, teamwork, and personal development. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and supervising a group of students (ages 8-12) during after-school hours (3:00pm-6:00pm, Monday-Friday).
- Implementing curriculum and planned activities to inspire creativity, innovation, and leadership.
- Building positive relationships with students, fostering a safe and inclusive environment.
- Following schedules and lesson plans to ensure a well-structured program.
- Facilitating engaging discussions, projects, and workshops centered around Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, and Character Development.
- Assisting with planning and coordinating Fall Break, Winter Break, Spring Break, and Summer Leadership Camp programs.
Qualifications: We are seeking individuals who are enthusiastic, dedicated, and passionate about empowering young minds. To succeed in this role, you should have:
- A minimum age of 18 years.
- Enjoyment in working with children between the ages of 8-12.
- An outgoing and relatable personality that resonates with students.
- Experience working with youth in an afterschool and/or camp setting.
- Ability to lead and guide a group of students through engaging activities.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to follow schedules and lesson plans.
- Reliable transportation for commuting to the program location.
- Willingness to undergo fingerprinting and successfully pass a DHS background check.