Welder - SMAW
Tulsa, OK US
- Execute Shielded Metal Arc Welds (SMAW) following A.S.M.E. Code and qualified weld procedures.
- Set up and position parts on rolls, fixtures, or the floor, ensuring the protection of gasket surfaces and other components.
- Identify various materials including SA-516-70, 300 series stainless steels, 400 series stainless steels, low alloys, and specialty alloy plates and forgings.
- Interpret engineering drawings to determine appropriate weld size and type, as well as the correct welding procedure.
- Perform pre-heating of parts as necessary to meet welding requirements.
- Prepare weld bevels, utilize carbon arc back gouging, and clean finished welds for inspection.
- Maintain ownership of assigned welder's stamp and accurately label all welds.
- Manage and requisition weld consumables from the tool room.
- Operate welding power sources with proficiency.
- Uphold cleanliness in all work areas.
- Properly maintain tools and equipment, returning them to the tool room after use, and report malfunctioning equipment to the maintenance team.
- Adhere to safety protocols and use necessary safety equipment, including welding hood, dust mask/respirator, steel-toed shoes, face shields/goggles, safety glasses, gloves, and hearing protection.
- Welding certification and proficiency in Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW).
- Strong understanding of A.S.M.E. Code
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of different material types and their welding requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to workplace safety.
- Strong attention to detail and quality craftsmanship.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.