Tool and Die Machinist
Tulsa, OK US
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Protect yourself, your co-workers, and your company by maintaining a safe work environment. Keep work areas clean and orderly. Immediately report to your supervisor any problems that may have an impact on safety.
- Studies specifications, engineering blueprints, tool orders, and shop data and confers with engineering and shop personnel to resolve design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, and cost.
- Draws preliminary sketches and prepares layout and detail drawings.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Fit and assemble parts together into assemblies and mechanisms, verifying all dimensions, alignments and clearances.
- Understand basic wiring diagrams and hydraulic schematics and install electrical and hydraulic components.
- Trouble shoots dies, tools, jigs, fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Maintain all tools, dies, and fixtures with accurate documentation and records.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience maintaining and building dies.
- High proficiency in operating mills, lathes, grinders.
- High proficiency in troubleshooting stamping and forming dies.