Safety Supervisor - Steel Manufacturing
Sapulpa, OK US
We are currently looking to fill a Safety Supervisor position with a company in Sapulpa that specializes in steel manufacturing.
- Family Medical Coverage, approximately $14,500 annually
- Employee Life Insurance equal to yearly salary
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Vacation Accrual
- 401K Traditional and ROTH Matching
Hours: 6:00am - 4:30pm
Pay: $80k - $90k
Directs and implements an organization safety program to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment by performing the following duties personally.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises 10-20 employees at any given time. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; addressing complaints and resolving safety matters.
- Drive a company truck to work sites for safety and delivering safety equipment.
- Implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Conduct safety meetings and inspect organization facilities or customer job sites to detect existing or potential accidents and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Assists management and supervisors in investigating accidents and developing measures to prevent recurrences.
- Compiles and submits accident/near miss reports to the Safety Director required by regulatory agencies.
- Plan health and safety training per job requirements
- Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of safety training and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook & Excel.
- Have a current and valid driver’s license.
- Must pass Motor Vehicle Record check.