Quality and Safety Technician
Broken Arrow, OK US
We are currently looking to fill a Quality and Safety Technician position with a Broken Arrow manufacturing facility.
The Q & S Technician is responsible for maintaining Quality and Safety reporting, managing audits, and associated activities. This position will also develop inspection techniques and manage inspection procedures and processes. The technician will be trained as a quality inspector and will back up inspection during peak demand. Interaction with suppliers and management of the DMR process will be required for this position.
- Ability to effectively use inspection tools, operate inspection equipment, and metallurgical sampling equipment. Determines and establishes best practice inspection techniques.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings, blueprints, sketches, technical procedures and purchase orders. Then applying effective controls and counter measures to meet control document requirements.
- Ability to write Quality & Safety Department Work Instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, suppliers, and customers.
- Working knowledge of mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference, fundamentals of three-dimensional geometry, and trigonometry
- Working knowledge of fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Conversion of measurement units.
- Working Knowledge of GD&T and product layout inspection. Establishes inspection methods to meet print requirements.
- Calibration concepts and gauge measurement error concepts.
- Auditor and implementer of ISO Management Systems and procedures to meet industry standards. Qualified as Auditee for external audits by customers and registrars.
- Ability to solve problems using modern problem-solving techniques (i.e. Ishikawa, 8D, SPC, DOE, 6 sigma, etc.).
- Lean enterprise experience is strongly desired
- Working knowledge of Control Plans and Process Flow Charts.
- Project Management is preferred
- Travel is estimated at 5-10%
- Must have excellent Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Working knowledge of computer-based business systems, ERP, etc.