Catoosa, OK US
We are currently looking to fill a QMS Manager position with a manufacturing facility in Catoosa, OK.
This is a day shift position. Hours may vary depending on production needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The QMS Manager continually improves processes (production, support, and administrative) to meet company objectives (sales, on-time deliveries, efficiency, reduction in returns). Uses ISO 9001 criteria, root cause/corrective action, management reviews, plan-do-check-act cycle
(PDCA), basic quality tools, and statistical process control (SPC) to improve products and processes. Work comfortably with
engineers, customer service, production, customers, and suppliers to address quality objectives and requirements.
- Maintains a working knowledge of customer specifications and related industry specifications, regulations, and codes.
- Manage the internal audit program and work with external auditors in accordance with ISO 9001.
- Manage the corrective action and improvement programs to ensure adequate root cause analysis
- Maintain documentation and records in accordance with ISO 9001.
- Utilize SPC techniques and interpret results to assess process controls and capabilities. Understand the difference between common-cause and special-cause variation. Use SPC results in conjunction with manufacturing and engineering personnel to revise designs or improve processes when necessary.
- Perform visual, dimensional, and functional inspections on raw materials, work in process, finished goods, or First Article Inspections. Identify and segregate nonconforming parts in accordance with documented procedures. Maintain records of nonconforming product. Notify operator(s) of any nonconforming parts.
- Read and interpret prints and specification.
- Assist in quality planning and improvement of production paperwork (e.g., routers, work instructions, procedures, etc.).
- Report to management any problems or shortages which may impact safety, quality, the production or the company.
- Perform other assignments or tasks as required.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 requirements and capable of preparing, performing, and reporting internal audits and
working with external auditors.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication, conflict resolution, time management and
team dynamics skills.
- Must be capable of using basic quality tools, such as Pareto charts, cause & effect diagrams, flowcharts, SPC,
- Familiarity with Six Sigma, Lean and 5S preferred.
- Must understand acceptance sampling and be able to correctly use ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 (MIL-STD-105E) or equivalent for attributes sampling.
- Must be able to manage or assess processes for document control, configuration control, records control, and control of nonconforming product as well as maintain related records.
- Basic inspection skills preferred, including the use of common inspection, measuring and test equipment.
- Must have basic project management skills.
- Must be able to use MS Office software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must understand basic statistics, basic distributions (Normal, binomial, Poisson, and Weibull), and process variation.
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
- Basic understanding of ERP systems and manufacturing processes.