Plasma Operator / Materials Processor
Cushing, OK US
Our client in Cushing, OK is seeking a highly motivated Plasma Operator/Material Processor to join the team.
Under supervision, the ideal candidate will operate various equipment in the Material Processing department, including shear, brake, hem-saw, and drill. The role involves participating in pre- and post-planned readiness of parts and tools, as well as assisting with cleaning, grinding, and installation of component parts as directed by the departmental lead man or supervisor.
HOURS: Mon-Thurs: 6a - 430p / Fri: 6a 230p
COMP: $23-$26/hr, DOE
- Operate equipment in the Material Processing department according to established procedures and safety guidelines.
- Participate in pre- and post-planned readiness of parts and tools for maintenance activities.
- Assist with cleaning, grinding, and installation of component parts as directed.
- Participate in housekeeping activities to maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Collaborate with team members to complete job functions efficiently.
- Adhere to departmental safety policies and guidelines.
- Participate in operational excellence teams to drive continuous improvement.
- Interact and cooperate with fellow team members to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Complete other assignments, tasks, or special projects as needed to support department efficiency and productivity.
Essential Job Qualifications:
- Ability to work any shift as required.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting tape measures and measuring devices.
- Experience using both powered and manual hand tools.
- Ability to operate automatic material processing equipment is preferred.
- Experience with plate rolls and CNC plasma machines is a plus.
- Ability to safely operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Physical requirements include standing or walking most of the workday, stooping, kneeling, and lifting/maneuvering up to 50 lbs.
- Visual acuity, manual dexterity, and the ability to tolerate shop environment exposures are also essential.
The work environment for the Plasma Operator/Material Processor includes exposure to varying temperatures, noise levels, moving mechanical parts, and potential confined space entry and/or elevated workspaces. unassisted.