Outside Sales - Alarm Systems
Tulsa, OK US
We are currently looking to fill an Outside Sales position with a company specializing in installation and service of alarm systems.
Some industry experience/technical sales experience is preferred. Technician or Sales Licenses are required, but can be obtained while working.
Hours: 8a-5p; some before or after hours work may be required
Pay: $30,000-$50,000 salary + commissions
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for traveling to appointments/meetings with potential customers or businesses to assess needs and/or problems and present the best security system solutions, benefits and features of various products and services available to meet the customer’s requests and gain their trust and business.
- Write up proposals and submit to customers, and follow up on proposals to close the deal.
- Serve as support for the installation technicians on jobs when questions arise pertaining to the sale and or products and services recommended. Follow up with customers after an installation to ensure the job was done according to customers satisfaction.
- Negotiating sales contracts and telling customers about new products, updates and features.
- Responsible for increasing sales by developing and maintaining relationships with customers; both new and existing.
- Identifying prospective customers, follow up on potential leads.
- Schedule and perform product demonstrations with potential clients.
- Attend trade shows to identify potential leads.
- Follow industry trends to identify new opportunities.
- Keep current on all industry products and services.
- Generate and submit reports to management as requested..
- Maintain and retain customer accounts and relationships
- Maintain and ensure safe work practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma Or GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability in meeting sales goals and objectives.
- Understanding of installation job flow from start to finish; specifically the importance of documentation, proper parts & equipment and labor talent needed for each installation.
- Technical and application knowledge of products and services (DMP & Honeywell to name a couple of many other manufactures)
- Working knowledge of complex security, fire, access control & CCTV alarm systems.
- Working understanding of fire alarm codes and system design.
- General knowledge of manufacturing software for programming security panels.
- Familiarity with ADP, Sedona,and Google Docs & Microsoft Office.
- Experience using Quotewerks, Sedona and Manitou software, preferred.