Night Shift Fitter Welder
Tulsa, OK US
- Selects fabrication equipment and plans layout, assembly and welding procedures.
- Bolts, clamps and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts using Arc, Gas-Shielded Arc, or Gas Welding equipment.
- May assemble parts by bolting.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping and reassembling parts. In some cases fabrication equipment may be used to perform the function above such as plate rolling machines, plate cutting machines, cutting torch or other welding fabrication equipment.
- Clean welds as required
- Accountable and responsible for essential tools and equipment provided along w/ the maintaining of these tools and equipment.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, the Company ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Two (2) or more years related welding experience
- Three (3) years? experience working in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Previous experience fitting structural steel products preferred.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints
- Must be able to use and read welding measuring devices to include but not limited to squares, levels and tape measures
- Must be able to make repair welds using fabrication equipment to include but not limited to using cutting torches, hand grinders, surface grinders and wheel grinders.
- Pass drug screening and background check
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events