Materials Supervisor / Planning and Scheduling
Tulsa, OK US
We are currently looking to fill a Materials Supervisor position with a Tulsa manufacturing facility.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, organized, detailed oriented, a critical and forward thinker, and extremely computer proficient. Must work well with a team of peers across functions and have the ability to communicate effectively on day-to-day operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead, maintain, and facilitate efficient inventory control to meet business and customer’s production and delivery schedules. Responsibilities include supervision of Shipping/Receiving, and ensuring effective flow of materials through receiving, storage, staging at workstations, and shipping. Managing the Company’s outsourcing program and suppliers, and effective management of all inventory transactions, especially in conjunction with job orders, is required.
- Supervise the Shipping Clerk in his duties of receiving, storing, staging, and shipping inventory.
- Manage inventory in all its classifications at effective levels to meet the needs of the organization while minimizing cash flow exposure and maximizing turns.
- Manage all aspects of the Company’s outsourcing program.
- Plan and execute a successful, ongoing cycle counting program.
- Develop and provide monthly/quarterly analytics to assist management in strategic decision -making regarding inventory.
- Develop effective inventory forecasting tools where possible.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
- Extensive knowledge of operations and production management.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer/system skills.
- Proficient in ERP systems and Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- 7+ years of related experience required.