Tulsa, OK US
We are currently looking to fill a Materials Handler position with a company in West Tulsa that specializes in the manufacturing of poles for street lighting, traffic control & distribution in residential & commercial developments.
The materials handler loads / unloads, and moves materials within or near the plant, yard, or work site by performing the following duties. Outside yard Material Handler experience required. Will be working outside in the elements of the weather and operating (10 - 15) ton forklifts moving large poles and pipes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Each shift Completes a pre-flight forklift inspection
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand and by forklift.
- Operates industrial fork truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and product
- Empty chip bins and trash containers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Must have previous experience operating a forklift, preferably in a similar environment
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work overtime and shift work as required.
- Employees must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.