Barracuda Staffing https://barracudastaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/Untitled-design.png http://www.barracudastaffing.com http://www.barracudastaffing.com true
Tulsa, OK US
Posted: 03/06/2023 2023-03-06 2023-06-09 Job Category: Light Industrial/Manufacturing Pay Rate: DOE
We are currently looking to fill a Manual Machinist position for a company in Tulsa, OK.
Majority of this position will be on manual machinery though the ideal candidate would cross over into some CNC machining.
Pay: Depending on experience
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate manual machines to include mill and lathe performing functions such as turning, shaping and finishing, axles, pins, pulleys and gears, bore, thread, form, or face metal or plastic materials, bar stock, or castings.
- Inspect sample work pieces to verify with specifications, using instruments such as gauges, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Study blueprints, layouts, or charts, and job orders for information on specifications and tooling instructions and to determine material requirements and operational sequences.
- Adjust machine controls and change tool settings in order to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
- Operate other various hand tools such as drill press, punch, band saw, grinder, etc.
- Considerable knowledge of metal properties, machining methods and shop mathematics; numerical ability to compute dimensions; tapers, cutting angles, tool settings, feed rates and machine speeds and ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade; adaptability to working around moving mechanical parts and noisy machinery.
- Must be able to rebuild and custom make parts/equipment.
- Must be able to setup and operate precision machines.
- Industrial experience required.
- At least 5 years of experience running manual machines.