Manual Machine Tool Operator
Tulsa, OK US
Operators are responsible for setting up and operating machine tools and associated equipment to produce products machined to precision finishes and tolerances including making adjustments / offsets to machines to assure that parts remain in tolerance of specification.
Hours: Day shift: 6:00a - 2:30p
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates manual/ semi-manual machinery and associated equipment to produce products machined to precision finishes and tolerances.
- Inspects and records information required as documentation per work instructions. Proactively identifies equipment issues, communicates information, and makes recommendations for correction and/or improvement to appropriate personnel. Identifies potential risks and makes suggestions for correction per company-wide Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Utilizes appropriate measures to ensure a safe work environment for each individual within the work area.
- Ensures the efficient production and quality of assigned work.
- Maintains work areas in an acceptable condition of organization and cleanliness in accordance with the company 55 initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: Barber Coleman gear hobbers, specialized keyway-cutting machines, manual lathes and mills, forklift, overhead cranes, measurement equipment
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or (1) year of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferably have some technical / trade school experience.
- Must know how to solve basic math calculations.
- Must be able to read and understand machining specifications.
- Must be able to properly utilize precision measuring equipment and tools (Including, but not limited to: tape measure, micrometers, calipers, etc.).
- Must have the ability to multitask.