Tulsa, OK US
We are currently looking to fill a First Article Inspection position with a Tulsa steel manufacturing company.
Shift: Evenings 3:30p-1:30a, some OT may be required
Starting Pay: $15 - $17 per hour; depending on experience
The Ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge in developing and monitoring quality procedures within the metal fabrication, manufacturing, and welding industries.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Inspects and measures parts using precision measuring equipment to determine conformance to material specifications.
- Perform quality inspections on processed plate products in various stages of completion from drafting/programming through final product.
- Maintain quality records and documents
- Calibrate shop measuring devices.
- Compile and analyze data such as customer feedback, nonconformance reports, scrap, rework.
- Studies and interprets sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of parts to determine conformance requirements.
- Up to three (3) years of experience in a heavy manufacturing shop environment preferably in a process-oriented shop and/or related industry.
- Working knowledge of industrial processes and traditional quality control methodologies.
- Intermediate knowledge with computer software to include, but not limited to: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication and division as it pertains to the job.
- Must be able to convert fractions to decimals
- Overhead crane and forklift experience a must
- Must be able to read a tape measure. Experience with calipers preferred.