Tulsa, OK US
We are currently looking to fill a Foundry Worker position with a West Tulsa Company.
Ideal candidate will have 1+ years experience as a Foundry Worker, working with liquid metal and experience with metallurgy reports.
Shift: Days; Monday - Friday; Some Saturdays
Starting Pay: $16 - $18 per hour; depending on experience
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Core making - forming the internal surface of a casting
- Mold making - forming the external surface of a casting
- Mold closing - joins the core to the mold; joins the mold halves
- Melting - prepares molten metal from scrap steel and/or raw materials; adjust chemistry; adjust the temperature
- Pouring - forms a casting by transferring molten metal into the mold cavity
- Shakeout - removes core and mold sand from the surface of casting; reclaims the sand
- Casting Cleaning - removes gates, risers, fins, and other protrusions from the surface of casting; repair inclusions on surface of casting; abrasive blasting of casting surfaces; inspection of casting surfaces
- At least 1 year of experience in a Foundry preferred
Intermediate problem solving skills to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Must demonstrate capability to coordinate and maintain highly confidential work and materials.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Must be able to take and follow written and oral instructions.
Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication and division as it pertains to the job.