Diesel Mechanic/Shop Foreman - Sanitation Experience
Tulsa, OK US
We are currently looking to fill a Shop Manager position with a Tulsa area waste management company.
This position will conduct regular and rigorous facility audits, fleet appearance audits, Repair Order quality audits, environmental audits and OSHA audits as required. Analyze cost performance against standards for maintenance parts and maintenance labor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will work very closely with Operations Management at the locations to make sure our trucks are in excellent working condition
- Ensure adequate training of maintenance program, mechanic, preventative maintenance mechanics and all other shop personnel in the respective market area
- Ability to research and negotiate pricing on parts from vendors in the market area
- Ability to negotiate warranty repairs, contracts and claims in the market area
- Provides oversight and responsible for organization of the yard and facilities within the market area
- Communicates regularly with the leadership team on maintenance related issues
- Experience as a diesel technical mechanic in the trash truck industry
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and environmental regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy including the development of spreadsheets and word documents, tracking data, and generating reports.
- Ability to handle difficult situations professionally and in a non-confrontational manner.
- Integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Ability to manage people to ensure maximum productivity and teamwork.
- Experience in accident/incident investigation.
- Ability to provide training as required by the business.
- Ability to successfully complete any relevant training and certification.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Having or obtaining a CDL