Commercial Lending Assistant
Bartlesville, OK US
We are currently looking to fill a Direct Hire Commercial Lending Assistant position with a bank located in Bartlesville, OK.
Pay: $45.000-$65,000 DOE
The Commercial Loan Assistant I position provides support to the Banks lenders by servicing, maintaining and updating loan documentation and loan files. The position requires substantial interaction with new and current bank customers, both internal and external. This position also requires excellent customer service skills along with proactive communication abilities.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Basic understanding of loan documentation, credit policy and banking regulation to enable a constant review to ensure the assistant is up to speed on any changes with company credit policy and company compliance.
- Coordinate the preparation of required loan documentation; review documentation for compliance with documentation requirements; coordinate the execution of loan documents; organize workflow for loan renewal; follow up with clients, insurance agents, Title Company and/ or attorney for missing loan documentation as necessary.
- Effective file maintenance to resolve exceptions or any other documentation deficiencies along with actively managing outstanding exception items for compliance with Credit Policy.
- Work closely with the assigned lender to assist in collecting financial data and client phone/email communication to better manage the overall client relationship. Other client related services include wires, NSF accounts and overdrafts.
- Responsible for monitoring reports such as past due, paid off loans, criticized assets, and maturing loan lists to assist and proactively inform banker of potential or pending issues along with providing support to minimize administrative issues.
- Promote an outstanding customer experience by exemplifying prompt follow-up and proactive internal/external customer communication, proper etiquette, and all other professional customer service qualities to maximize the most out of the client relationship
- Solid partnership with all ancillary departments within the bank to include the Loan Admin group, CIS, Loan Review, Special Assets.
- In certain markets, basic understanding and communication ability of the banks retail services and processes.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Will serve in a backup role to the Consumer Lending Specialist.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High School diploma or GED
- 3 years of Commercial Lending Assistant or Commercial Loan Processor experience; Experience working with commercial loan documentation
- Direct, hands-on experience with real estate and C&I closing and funding
JOB SPECIFIC TESTING REQUIREMENTS
Ability to read, write, analyze and comprehend simple instructions, routine business correspondence, financial reports and/or legal documents.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or government regulations.
Ability to manage problematic situations in a diplomatic manner.