Commercial Credit Analyst
Tulsa, OK US
We are currently looking to fill a Credit Analyst position with a bank located in Tulsa, OK.
Pay: $115,000-$130,000, DOE
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the investigation and analysis of credit risks. Resolves more complex credit problems. May assist in the collection of past due accounts. Makes some decisions regarding credit extension. Develops and maintains financial background information on present and prospective customers and develops credit studies for loan officers and committees.
- Responsible for preparing basis and comprehensive credit analyses on commercial loans that facilitates the credit approval process for use by loan officers or committees in the making of lending decisions regarding new, renewal, and extension loans.
- Thoroughly analyzes the most complex commercial credits which exceed $1.5 million in credit exposure. Analyzing factors such as income growth, margins, trends, quality of management, market shares, industry risks and collateral assessment.
- Participate in customer calls with Commercial Lenders to assess new business opportunities.
- Participate in deal discussion meetings with lending personnel, market managers and appropriate credit officers to preliminarily assess merits of a request.
- Work with lending personnel, market presidents and appropriate credit officers to underwrite and structure commercial loan transactions in accordance with credit culture of the Bank.
- Responsible for managing underwriting pipeline of new and renewal requests from commercial clients
- Consult and provide guidance to market personnel as to navigation of the commercial underwriting process as well as interpretation of loan policy.
- Submits credit approval documents to appropriate personnel for decision making.
- Ensures all departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of required compliance training.
- Other duties/responsibilities/tasks as assigned by CCO or Credit Analyst Manager that may include, but not limited to, loan or portfolio testing, special asset reporting, appraisal reviews, and report building.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or a related field is required.
- 5+ years work related experience and / or training preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.