CNC Machinist / Programmer
Tulsa, OK US
We are currently looking to fill a CNC Machinist / Programmer position for a company in Broken Arrow, OK
Hours: 7:00am- 3:30pm M-F; some overtime will be required
Pay: $20-$28/ hour; depending on experience
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Program, set up, and operate machines to include mill and lathe performing functions such as turning, shaping and finishing, axles, pins, pulleys and gears, bore, thread, form, or face metal or plastic materials, bar stock, or castings.
- Inspect sample work pieces to verify with specifications, using instruments such as gauges, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Study blueprints, layouts, or charts, and job orders for information on specifications and tooling instructions and to determine material requirements and operational sequences.
- Adjust machine controls and change tool settings in order to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
- Operate other various hand tools such as drill press, punch, band saw, grinder, etc.
- Considerable knowledge of metal properties, machining methods and shop mathematics; numerical ability to compute dimensions; tapers, cutting angles, tool settings, feed rates and machine speeds and ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Must have working experience with FeatureCam or similar software
- Prior CNC programming experience (at the machine)
- Prior CNC lathe/mill experience required.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade; adaptability to working around moving mechanical parts and noisy machinery.
- Must be able to rebuild and custom make parts/equipment.
- Must be able to setup and operate precision machines.