Brake Press Operator - 2nd Shift and Weekend
Tulsa, OK US
We are currently looking to fill a CNC Brake Press position with a Tulsa fabrication shop.
2nd Shift: Monday-Thursday 4pm-2am OR Friday-Sunday 6am-6pm OR Friday-Sunday 6pm-6am
Pay: $17-$24/hr DOE
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Operate machines to ensure the highest quality of production is achieved.
- Perform fabricating operations of sheet metal products according to specifications.
- Position work manually and align layout marks to dies, including changing dies as required per order specifications.
- Make adjustments/align per order specifications on machines.
- Inspect work for conformance to job specifications, using rule, square, or templates.
- Review daily manufacturing functions and job orders to ensure awareness of requirements.
- Obtain necessary materials and tools required to achieve expected run rates.
- Ensure the safe operation of equipment.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Report immediately to supervisor/lead/manager any and all problems, which may affect safety, equipment, tooling, and/or quality.
- Maintain full working knowledge of all processes.
- Ensure a clean and organized work environment.
- At least 2 years of experience operating a CNC Brake Press
- Must be able to handle very heavy parts that can weigh as much as 370lbs each (Forklift and Overhead Crane)
- Understanding and capable of reading blueprints
- Ability to use precision measuring tools including tape measure, micrometers, and calipers
- Able to work with complex requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for knowledge, accomplishment, and service to others
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand, bend, or stoop throughout shift
- Skill in performing accurate arithmetic functions involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; using decimals, percentages, fractions, and ratios.
- Basic mechanical principles of machine setups, operations, and materials.
- General knowledge of sheet metal fabricating and assembly practices.
- Some knowledge with programming is necessary for operation and calibration.