Accountant - Construction Industry
Tulsa, OK US
We are currently looking to fill an Accountant position with a company specializing in heating and cooling solutions.
Ideal candidate will have experience in the construction industry specifically dealing with government contracts; Experience with prevailing wage and work in progress will be required.
Casual work environment and great benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, PTO, and paid holidays!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing weekly and biweekly payroll
- Verify and code timesheets; ensure accuracy of tax withholdings, deduction and adjustments
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll statements
- Monitor and reconcile employee benefit
- Remitting payroll taxes and governmental reporting
- Provide accounting and administrative support to the accounting team and external audit teams.
- Reconciling payroll, balance sheet accounts, and sub-ledger to the general ledger
- Reconcile job-cost sales and expenses
- Integrate administrative and accounting functions smoothly
- Assist with month and year-end closing procedures
- Ability to assist in assessing problems; creating and finding resolutions and efficiencies
- 5+ years of experience in an accounting/bookkeeping role
- Proficiency and understanding of Prevailing Wages
- Experience with government contracts
- Proficiency and understanding of "Work in Progress" billing processes as related to the construction industry
- Computer Ease or Dell Tech software experience preferred (Sage or Great Plains will be considered)